Graduate Entrance Awards

In addition to international development related scholarships listed on this page, it is recommended that students search all available awards for others that may apply to their circumstances.

Nora Cebotarev Memorial Graduate Scholarship

Eligibility: International female students from developing countries who have demonstrated a commitment to social change entering either a master's or doctoral program.

Anna and Val Hovanec Scholarship

Eligibility: Students entering a master's program offered by the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences in an area related to women in rural communities.

Harshman Graduate Scholarship in Food Systems

Eligibility: Students entering a Master’s program in the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences who have a minimum average of 80% in the last two years of study and who are working in the area of food systems which may include food distribution, food sustainability, food security, small family farming, local food and rural change.

Lila Engberg Scholarship in International Development

Eligibility: Full-time masters students entering the collaborative program in International Development Studies with a research agenda in the area of poverty alleviation, economic empowerment of women and/or ways to improve livelihood security for women and families in developing countries.

N.R. Richards Scholarship

Eligibility: Students entering OAC who are planning to pursue graduate studies in land resource use and/or rural planning and development.

J. Alden and Isobelle McLean Scholarship

Eligibility: Students who are entering the area of Rural Extension Studies, the School of Rural Planning and Development or the Rural Studies doctoral program, and who will be conducting research in rural community development.

Earnest Austin Weir Memorial Scholarship

Eligibility: Entering graduate students in the areas of Land Resource Science, Rural Extension Studies, and Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics, Landscape Architecture and Rural Planning and Development who have at least a 'B+' average and will be conducting research on sustainable rural community development.