What about field work?

Arrangements for field work are made on an individual basis by the student in consultation with supervising faculty and are subject to Ethics Approval. Field research typically extends the degree by one semester (depending on the nature of the research).

Many students obtain funding for field research from outside sources (IDRC, CIDA etc.), sources internal to the University or externally-financed projects which are administered at Guelph or a university with which we collaborate.