I plan to travel overseas and volunteer while I am away. Can this experience be counted towards my program?

Students may use work or volunteer experiences in development, whether in Canada or abroad, as a basis for receiving academic credit through unique individual work/study courses: IDEV*3200, IDEV*4190, IDEV*4200.

In these courses, students work on their own project or research under the supervision of a faculty member. It is recommended that students plan for an independent study course at least one semester in advance.