Can I apply directly to IDS without first selecting a department? (Graduate students)

No. Students must enter the collaborative IDS specialization through a collaborating department, as they must complete both departmental and IDS requirements to graduate.

On the on-line application, choose the program that combines your desired area of study with International Development Studies (ex. Sociology with International Development Studies - MA.SOC+IDEV). If you are uncertain about your choice of department, you may seek advice from the Graduate Coordinator.