GIDS Quarantine Photo Challenge
Welcome to our first-ever Quarantine Photo Challenge! Since it's International Development Month, we want to see what you've been up to at home and give you a chance to win some AWESOME prizes from the comfort of your couch! Start by giving us your name, email and phone number. After that, you may upload one (1) in each photo category! Be sure to give us a brief description/explanation along with the photos you submit. You can choose to upload a photo for just one category, some, or all four! It's up to you.
There will be one (1) winner in each of the four categories, each of which will win a $75 GIFT CARD OF THEIR CHOOSING! Uber Eats, Indigo, American Eagle...you get the picture (excuse the pun).
Got questions? Email email@example.com for answers!
Submit your photos by Friday February 19th, 2021.
One (1) winner in each challenge category will receive a $75 gift card for a business of their choosing.
Rules and Regulations
- The contest is open to any University of Guelph faculty, staff, or student in the ID Major, Minor, Area of Concentration or Graduate Collaborative Specialization registered in the 20/21 academic year (Summer 2020/Fall 2020/Winter 2021).
- Participants are permitted to submit one photo per category, but cannot exceed this number. If more than one is submitted, the first received will be considered while the others will be disqualified. In addition, participants may only win once in total.
- Submitted photos must have been taken between March 13, 2020 and February 19, 2021.
- Your submission must be your own original work and must never have been previously published, exhibited publicly, or selected as a winner in any other contest. Entries not complying with these contest rules will be disqualified.
- Photos must be submitted as .jpg files that are accompanied by the submission form in order to be entered into the contest.
- Each photo must be a minimum of 7.0 megapixels.
- Each photo file that is submitted must be labelled with the participants’ full name, and category that they wish to contribute to. For example, Tom Johnson – category 1.
How to Submit Your Photos
To submit your photo entries, attach the photo at this link.
Before submitting your photos, please review Guidelines for Ethical Photography by Dr. Steffi Hamann to ensure that the photos you’re submitting meet these standards.
Rights & Permissions
It is important to the Guelph Institute of Development Studies (GIDS) that you understand how your photo will be used in the future. Please read this section carefully.
By submitting to the GIDS “Quarantine Photo Challenge” contest you hereby give the GIDS permission to publish, edit and/or use your photo in the future without further compensation. This may include but is not limited to the use of photos for advertisement and promotional such as social media, posters/brochures, the GIDS website and other online postings, and events throughout the University.
The prize winners in each category will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the Guelph Institute of Development Studies. The decision of the judges is final.