Oh, the Places You've Been! Photo Contest
The GIDS "Oh, the Places You’ve Been!" Photo Contest is an opportunity to showcase any international development-related (study abroad, volunteer, research, internship, academic/course-based, work) experiences you had during the past academic year. Show us where you've been and what you've done by telling a story through your photos.
Contest closes: January 10, 2020
First place winners in each category will receive a $75 hospitality gift card, while second place will receive a $50 hospitality gift card.
- Diving into Culture: Show us your best culinary, social, architectural, and/or ceremonial snap shots from your experience.
- Today's Moments, Tomorrow's Memories: We want to see the awesome connections you made during your travels - this could include friends, family, colleagues, and perhaps even a koala bear.
- IDS in Action: Show us your best learning action shot, whether it's in a classroom or on a mountain top.
- Captivating Destination: We know you have pictures of breathtaking landscapes and/or natural phenomena that you captured while travelling! Send those in!
Rules and Regulations
- The contest is open to any University of Guelph student registered in the ID Major, Minor, Area of Concentration or Graduate Collaborative Specialization.
- Participants are permitted to submit two photos per category, but cannot exceed this number. If more than two are submitted, the first two received will be considered while the others will be disqualified. In addition, participants may only win once in total.
- Your submission must be your own original work and must never have been previously published, exhibited publicly, or selected as a winner in any other contest. Entries not complying with these contest rules will be disqualified.
- Photos must be submitted as .jpg files that are accompanied by the submission form in order to be entered into the contest.
- Each photo must be a minimum of 7.0 megapixels.
- Each photo file that is submitted must be labelled with the participants’ full name, and category that they wish to contribute to. For example, Tom Johnson – category 1.
How to Submit Your Photos
Before submitting your photos, please review Guidelines for Ethical Photography by Dr. Steffi Hamann to ensure that the photos you’re submitting meet these standards.
Rights & Permissions
It is important to the Guelph Institute of Development Studies (GIDS) that you understand how your photo will be used in the future. Please read this section carefully.
By submitting to the GIDS “Oh, the Places You’ve Been” photo contest you hereby give the GIDS permission to publish, edit and/or use your photo in the future without further compensation.
This may include but is not limited to the use of photos for advertisement and promotional such as social media, posters/brochures, the GIDS website and other online postings, and events throughout the University.
The prize winners in each category will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the Guelph Institute of Development Studies. The decision of the judges is final.